The summer transfer window is now open in Europeand there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Inter Milan look to Pavard
Talks had previously stalled with both clubs unable to agree on a fee, but it is reported that they are now prepared to make an offer in excess of €30 million plus add-ons, amid hopes of getting a deal over the line before the transfer window closes.
The 27-year-old’s representatives are said to have been informed of the A league club’s plans, but manager Thomas Tuchel will allow him to leave only if his side are able to find a replacement.
Pavard has previously been linked with Manchester Unitedwith reports indicating that he was a priority signing for the Premier League club, but progress slowed after Harry Maguire’s potential move to West Ham United broke down over salary demands. Sources have told ESPN that Maguire is confident he has a role to play at Old Trafford this season.
Pavard, whom the Nerazzurri are now leading the race for, has made one appearance in the current campaign, where he was substituted at half time in Bayern’s 3-0 Super Cup loss to RB Leipzig on Aug. 12.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Paris Saint Germain have dismissed midfielder Georginio Wijnaldums request to have his contract terminated, says The team. PSG are looking to move the 32-year-old this summer after he failed to secure a place in manager Luis Enrique’s plans, and it is said that they would want to receive a fee of €6m to let him leave. Wijnaldum was sent out on loan last season at Serie A club AS Romawhere he made 14 league appearances.
– Manchester City centre-back Aymeric Laporte looks set to complete a move to Al Nasserwrites the Guardian. The 29-year-old has agreed a three-year contract with the Saudi Pro League side, in a deal worth £25m agreed by both clubs. Laporte has been one of the players manager Pep Guardiola has been open to moving on this season after he lost his place in the starting lineup, while the Citizens also landed If Guardiol from Leipzig.
– Manchester United are exploring a move to sign Benfica goalkeeper Odysseus Vlachodimosreports Fabricius Roman. With current backup goalkeeper Dean Henderson linked with both Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forestthe Red Devils are moving quickly to ensure that they have a replacement ready and have placed the 29-year-old at the top of their wish list.
– the palms have reached full agreement to sign Manchester City midfielder Maximo Perrone on loan until the end of the season, according to Cesar Luis Merlo. Perrone, 20, who is also an Argentina youth international, made his Premier League debut last season but now looks set to be sent out on loan in order to garner experience in LaLiga. He is expected to arrive in the next few days to complete his move.
– The race for Rennes winger Jérémy Doku is continuing, with West Ham having an offer turned down, reveals Foot Market. The Ligue 1 club are reported to be looking for an offer worth £47m to part ways with the 21-year-old. They are in a strong position with Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur also in competition for his services.